Hello, broader Sangha. We’re glad you’re here.
Zen Buddhism teaches us that change is inevitable, and Empty Field Zendo has had the opportunity to embrace — to turn to rather than away from — these changes during the pandemic.
We’ve always had a contingent of long-distance members who joined us for sesshin (multi-day retreats), so moving our practice online offered them the chance to participate more fully. Other members moved out of the Clear Lake area. Most recently, our meeting space so generously donated by Taylor Chiropractic for many years is no longer available due to changes in Dr. Taylor’s practice.
As a result of these events, Empty Field Zendo has transitioned to an online sangha. We will continue to offer zazen 7 days a week at the schedule shown below.
All are welcome to join. Contact us for more information.
Empty Field Zendo offers online zazen using Zoom (all times US Central):
- Monday evening, 5:30 – 6:00 PM
- Tuesday morning, 6:30 – 7:00 AM
- Tueday evening, 5:30 – 6:30 PM (zazen, reading and discussion)
- Wednesday evening, 5:30 – 6:00 PM
- Thursday morning, 6:30 – 7:00 AM
- Friday morning, 7:00 – 7:30 AM
- Saturday morning, 8:30 – 9:30 AM (full service)
- Sunday morning, 7:00 – 7:30 AM
If you would like to join us for zazen, please contact us to request the Zoom meeting information.
There is no charge to join us for online zazen. We gratefully accept contributions.