Empty Field Zendo offers online zazen using Zoom:
- Tuesdays, 6:30-7:00 AM Central
- Thursdays, 6:30 – 7:00 AM Central
If you would like to join us for zazen, please contact us to request the Zoom meeting information.
There is no charge to join us for online zazen. We gratefully accept contributions.
Empty Field Zendo is a community of people supporting each other in Zen meditation practice. Our emphasis is zazen (zah-zen, sitting meditation), which is a practice that can awaken us to our true nature without reference or dependency on any other factor, such as race, gender, or religious affiliation. People of all faiths, or none, are welcome.
We sit at Taylor Sport Chiropractic in Nassau Bay, in the Clear Lake area. The office is located at the east building entrance, and lies directly ahead when you enter the glass doors.
Our sitting schedule is:
- Tuesdays, 5:30-6:30 PM (includes zazen and a reading/discussion period)
- 8:00 AM: Optional zazen period with opportunity to have daisan (a short interview) with a dharma holder.
- 8:30 – 9:30 AM: Includes two zazen periods with walking meditation
Please plan on being on your cushion or in your seat 5 minutes before the start time. All are welcome.
There is no charge to come to the zendo. We gratefully accept contributions.