As COVID-10 continues to spread, Empty Field Zendo is joining other community groups in suspending our in-person activities to support the health and well-being of our members and visitors. The zendo hopes to open on Tuesday, April 7, dependent upon government and health agency guidance.
During this time, Empty Field will meet exclusively online. All are welcome to join. Contact us for more information.
Empty Field Zendo offers online zazen using Zoom (all times US Central):
- Monday evening, 5:30 – 6:00 PM
- Tuesday morning, 6:30 – 7:00 AM
- Tueday evening, 5:30 – 6:30 PM (zazen, reading and discussion)
- Wednesday evening, 5:30 – 6:00 PM
- Thursday morning, 6:30 – 7:00 AM
- Saturday morning, 8:30 – 9:30 AM (full service)
If you would like to join us for zazen, please contact us to request the Zoom meeting information.
There is no charge to join us for online zazen. We gratefully accept contributions.
Empty Field is temporarily closed, and hopes to reopen on April 7, 2020, dependent upon government and health agency guidance.
Empty Field Zendo is a community of people supporting each other in Zen meditation practice. Our emphasis is zazen (zah-zen, sitting meditation), which is a practice that can awaken us to our true nature without reference or dependency on any other factor, such as race, gender, or religious affiliation. People of all faiths, or none, are welcome.
We sit at Taylor Sport Chiropractic in Nassau Bay, in the Clear Lake area. The office is located at the east building entrance, and lies directly ahead when you enter the glass doors.
Our sitting schedule is:
- Tuesday evening, 5:30 – 6:30 PM (includes zazen and a reading/discussion period)
- Saturday morning, 8:30 – 9:30 AM: Includes two zazen periods with walking meditation. Daisan (a short interview) with Dharma Holder Sandra Jizan Moore is available during the second sitting period.
Please plan on being on your cushion or in your seat 5 minutes before the start time. All are welcome.
There is no charge to come to the zendo. We gratefully accept contributions.